Property Damage – Philadelphia Attorneys



Call Us Now at 215-545-8500 or Message Us Using Our Contact Form

Please leave this field empty.

Property Damage Attorney Philadelphia


A person’s home is their castle. People want to protect their castle from damage. If you own several properties – say a beach condo in Avalon or a cottage in the Poconos – the potential for damage multiplies. Add a few cars into the mix and property damage can be very costly. Luckily, there are insurances to cover almost any type of property you may own. Even if you do not own your property, you can get renter’s insurance to cover any potential losses.

Even if you plan for the worst, sometimes your planning is not enough. Insurances do not always cover 100% of your damage. This is where a good attorney can come in, especially if the damage is not your fault. The experienced legal team at Freundlich & Littman, LLC are here to stand by your side while you fight for the money you deserve.

Intentional Damage To Your Property

Intentional damage to your property has different consequences than accidents. Intentional damage includes acts of vandalism. In cases of intentional damage, the action is criminal. You need to contact the police. They will file a report and complete an investigation into the issue.

After calling the police, it is a good idea to contact legal representation. The police may not find who caused your property damage. Likewise, the damage may result from a few rowdy teenagers who drank too much while away for senior week. In this instance, you may be able to collect money from the teenagers and their parents for the damage to your property. Seek legal advice before contacting families and demanding money.

Unintentional Damage To Your Property

Sometimes, property damage is not the result of intentional acts. Too often, a natural disaster or an Act of God will cause serious damage to your property. Your property includes your cars and another physical property you own. You are not required by Pennsylvania law to insure certain pieces of personal property, but it is advisable in order to mitigate financial loss.

Some personal property may need property insurance by order of the bank. If your home or other property is under a mortgage, the bank may require insurance to cover their financial interest in the property.

After The Damage

Certain instances of property damage may not involve the insurance companies. Sometimes, it is a matter of seeking legal counsel to file a cease and desist letter. For instance, neighbors often cause property damage along property lines. To avoid further damage, it may be necessary to take legal action that does not necessarily involve the insurance company.

Other times, the insurance company involves themselves heavily in the process. When dealing with the insurance company, it is equally as necessary to seek legal counsel. In fact, insurance companies have more legal weight. Independent legal representation is more important here.

After obtaining legal representation, your next step is to take pictures of your property damage. Your property damage attorney may even require your to preserve further evidence for an impending legal action.

Dealing With The Insurance Companies For Your Property Damage Claim

Your next step is to file an insurance claim. Make sure to file your property damage claim with the appropriate insurance company. For instance, if your car malfunctioned and slammed into your home, you need to contact the right insurance company. Your legal counsel will guide you to the right insurance company.

Once the insurance company completes their internal process, you will either receive an offer for payment or an outright denial. You do not have to settle for either of these options. You have legal options beyond taking the insurance company on their word. Contact legal advice first before agreeing or denying any insurance benefits.

If anyone is bullying you into accepting a payment, cease contact with the representative and call your property damage lawyer immediately. Even if the offer comes from your neighbor and not an insurance, you do not have to accept it.

I Need A Property Damage Lawyer

Whether the damage was intentional or unintentional, you will likely be in need of legal advice. Property damage is costly. If someone damages your property, you may not be able to afford to fix it. As a result of the unfixable damage, the property value dramatically decreases, making it hard to sell the property. There is no end to the problems associated with property damage. If you are in need of experienced property damage attorneys in the greater Philadelphia area, do not hesitate to contact our team. Call Freundlich & Littman today at 215-545-8500 to schedule a free consultation.


Call Us Now at 215-545-8500 or Message Us Using Our Contact Form

* all fields are required

Please leave this field empty.

Disclaimer | Copyright © 2015 Freundlich and Littman, LLC. All Rights Reserved.


Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone (required)

Describe your case

Please leave this field empty.



Call Us Now at 215-545-8500 or Message Us Using Our Contact Form

Please leave this field empty.